The primary difference between Recruitment and Selection; Recruitment is the process of identifying whether the organization needs to appoint someone for whose post the applications have come in the organization. Following selection, the procedures involved in selecting applicants from a suitable candidate to fill a position. Training involves procedures to ensure that the job holders have the right skills, knowledge, and attitude necessary to help the organization achieve its objectives. Hiring individuals to fill special positions within a business can be done internally by recruitment within the firm, or by hiring outsiders.
What is the difference between Recruitment and Selection? Explaining!
We know that recruitment and selection are part of the same phases of employment. One of the important roles of HRM is to select the appropriate staff and appoint the right professionals or staff to meet the recruitment needs and provide training to the best employees and ensure that these selected candidates can deliver better performance. So that we can deal with the issues of and follow the rules of various systems. Recruitment is a fundamental job of human resource management. Fundamentally, recruitment is the process of attracting, assessing and hiring employees for companies. Once the HRM requirements are understood, the next stage of HRM is to employ workers.
Each one is complete the other but there are few points difference between them:
- Recruitment is the first part of the employment phase. Which is looking and collecting more than one applicant, the second part of the employment phase is selection. Which start to look for applicants and evaluate them.
- The goal of Recruitment is to create the differentiation and creativity applicants to give the organization more options. The main goal for selection is to choose the best one to fill the position.
- Since recruitment searching for more employees to apply for a position. It considers as a positive process, and the negative process will be in selection since is reducing the applicants to one for each position.
- The source of human resources is the most important part of recruitment, but in the selection, the most important part is choosing the person via interviews or through tests.
- There no contract between applicant and organization in the recruitment process, but there is a signing a contract between an applicant and an organization.
Different by Meaning:
Recruitment (hiring) is a core function of human resource management. It is the first step of appointment. Recruitment refers to the overall process of attracting, shortlisting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for jobs within an organization. Recruitment can also refer to processes involved in choosing individuals for unpaid positions. Such as voluntary roles or unpaid trainee roles.
Managers, human resource generalists, and recruitment specialists may task with carrying out recruitment. But, in some cases, public-sector employment agencies, commercial recruitment agencies, or specialist search consultancies are used to undertake parts of the process. Internet-based technologies to support all aspects of recruitment have become widespread.
Selection means the action or fact of carefully choosing someone or something as being the best or most suitable. A process in which environmental or genetic influences determine. Which types of organism thrive better than others, regarded as a factor in evolution.
Different by Definitions:
The following definitions below are;
“The process of finding and hiring the best-qualified candidate for a job opening, in a timely and cost-effective manner. The recruitment process includes analyzing the requirements of a job, attracting employees to that job. The screening and selecting applicants, hiring, and integrating the new employee to the organization.”
“A consumer’s choice of a product or service. As well as, the available products or services that a company offers a consumer. A business with a wide array of available choices is considered to have a wide selection.”
Note: You can be read this article in Hindi; Difference Between Recruitment and Selection.