The United States Visa Case Study; If you want to go to the United States, you must first apply for a visa. Most people who apply for a visa must have an interview. The interview must and can only stand made by phone. It usually takes about 20 days to make an appointment.
Here are the articles to explain, A Case study in Visa to the United States
On every visa interview day, regardless of the cold winter or the heat, visa applicants who have already made an appointment by phone will line up outside the gate of the U.S. Consulate. It is common to wait for a few hours, and some even wait for a day. It can see that there are many applicants.
In terms of the number of people, people who apply for a visa case study to the United States can generally divide into the following main categories：
- Business, including procurement, sales promotion, inspection, an exhibition to resolve business disputes, and other personnel related to business activities.
- International students, including middle schools, universities, graduate students, doctoral students, etc.
- Visiting relatives and friends, the vast majority of whom are parents visiting their children.
- Of course, there are many other kinds of personnel, but because the number of people is relatively small, I will not repeat them.
In this case, study vast majority of visa applicants want to go to the United States, and a considerable number of people are extremely necessary to go to the United States, but the proportion of visa refusals is quite large, sometimes 70%-80%, and sometimes as high as 90%. So who will sign and who will refuse to sign? The author specifically cited the following cases to discuss with his compatriots the experience of visa success and the lessons of failure.
A Female, in her 60s, said that her son worked in an American company after graduating from a school in the United States (the background of the following cases of family visits is much the same as the background of this case), it has been seven or eight years, and they (including her husband) have not visited relatives; the wife has retired, and she was a senior engineer in a research institute before retirement.
My wife also wanted to go together, but because of her poor health, she couldn’t fly, so she couldn’t go. His son is a government official in a certain city, his daughter is waiting in a certain city in China, and he has a grandson. She applied to stay in the United States for 3 months… she obtained a visa.
The success lies in the fact that in addition to the powerful text materials, she said that she has a lifetime guarantee (pension) in China and has her wife, son, and grandson who she cares about, so she will come back.
An old couple is nearly 70 years old, with a good temperament, both retired, and their background is almost the same as in Case 1. There is no flaw in the re-signing. This seems normal to us Chinese and all people who pay attention to human rights, including the American public, but they existed refused to sign.
It bans for two people to go together, and there is a possibility of not coming back, so the visa stands refused.
Male, nearly 50 years old, with a general temperament, holding an information box in both hands.
- Question: “What are you doing in the United States? Answer: “Go to purchase equipment.”
- Question: “What equipment? Answer: “Aerating equipment.”
- Question: “What is aerating equipment? Answer: “Equipment that fills gas inward when manufacturing concrete components.”
- Question: “What kind of work do you do? Answer: “Deputy Director of Planning, XX Provincial Highway Bureau.”
- Question: “What does the Planning Office do? Answer: “When we are on the project, we approve the money.”
- Question: “What is your monthly salary? Answer: “One thousand five or six.”
The visa officer said, “According to U.S. immigration law, I cannot give you a visa.”
- The unrefined information box is a symbol of low-end. And it stands held in both hands, giving people the impression of low status. The Buddha relies on the golden body, and the temperament, clothing, utensils, etc. of people who go abroad to purchase expensive equipment on behalf of the country should reach the corresponding level.
- It is not a new technology, it is not high technology, and it is not high-precision equipment. There is no need to purchase it abroad.
- Because the written materials cannot see, it is not easy to assert, but in terms of general procurement practices and procedures, the two parties will have quite a lot of correspondence documents, such as letters, faxes, samples, contracts, host and related auxiliary equipment schedules, and price lists.
Their conversation never mentioned or involved similar content. And it stands estimated that there are no such documents. In addition to applying for a visa as a purchaser, the above-mentioned documents are essential in addition to the U.S. side’s strong and decent invitation letter for the company.
Male, about 30 years old, as the factory director, applying for a visa in the name of resolving trade disputes.
Ask “Why to go to the United States?” Answer: “The products we produce are for XX Company in the United States, and the products we produce can only be shipped after strict inspection. But now Company XX says that there is a problem with the quality of our products and we will not pay. I will go to the United States…”
- Question: “Then why do American companies do business with you?
- Answer: “Because he wants to buy products.”
- Result: Visa refused.
This applicant planted the answer “because he wants to buy a product”. This applicant is the factory director. You are not the only factory that produces this product. Although you are also in the candidate factory, the American company may not be looking for you. Would it be another ending to sign back like this?
The American company had looked for several factories in China before doing business with our factory, but they were not satisfied. Later, a certain import and export company introduced the American company to our factory. They are very satisfied with the equipment, technology, management, product quality, price, and service of our factory.
So our factory made samples according to the drawings they provided, and after the samples were qualified. They were shipped in batches. Because our products are of good quality, meet their requirements, and the prices are competitive, they have saved money, so they have money to make. In addition, our service is also good, so they do business with us. This is an excellent question of re-signing, but it is a question of opportunity. I don’t know how this applicant fell here.
Male, in his 40s, department manager, once represented the company in Country K, wanted to go to the United States to explore the market, and had no intention of going back. He used the invitation letter sent to him by the American client of his colleague to apply for a visa. During the interview, he was refused the visa after a few hasty words. He never understood the reason.
The problem lies in the invitation letter. The invitation letter has only a few words that can’t be simpler, to the effect of inviting him to visit the company in due course. My strong feeling about the invitation letter is;
- You can go or not, you can even say that you don’t have to go. Because it doesn’t specify what you are going to do, let alone the size and importance of the matter;
- It doesn’t matter when you go, it’s the right time!
Whether you can go or not, you can go whenever you want, of course, the visa officer will not give you a visa case study. The person who sent the invitation letter is someone else’s customer, and he has no business dealings with others. Sending the invitation is just a matter of face, so it is not surprising that he was refused a visa.