What does mean Production System? Introduction; A system is a logical arrangement of components designed to achieve particular objectives according to a plan. A system may have many components and variation in one component is likely to affect the other components of the system e.g. change in the rate of production will affect inventory, overtime hours, etc. A production system is a computer program typically used to provide some form of artificial intelligence. Which consists primarily of a set of rules about behavior but it also includes the mechanism necessary to follow those rules as the system responds to states of the world.
Here are explain Production System; Introduction, Meaning, Definition, and Elements.
The production system is the framework within which the production activities of an organization are carrying out. At one end of the system are inputs and at the other end output. Input and output are linking by certain processes or operations or activities imparting value to the inputs. These processes, operations, or activities may call production systems. Also, The nature of the production system may differ from company to company or from plant to plant in the same firm.
Meaning of Production System:
The production system is an industrial system that supports manufacturing and logistics. They also involve flows of raw materials, equipment, and event information, as there’s usually paperwork involved. Also, The limits on a production system include its capacity and the quality of the finished product. You may need to know What is the Production Management?
Meaning of Production:
Production can explain as an act of either manufacturing or mining or growing of goods (commodities) generally in bulk for trade. Production is a method employing for making or providing essential goods and services for consumers.
It is a process that puts intangible inputs like ideas, creativity, research, knowledge, wisdom, etc. in use or action. Also, It is a way that transforms (convert) tangible inputs like raw materials, semi-finished goods, and unassembled goods into finished goods or commodities.
Meaning of System:
The system is an arrangement or assembly of inter-dependent processes (activities) that are based on some logic and function. Also, It operates as a whole and is designing (build) intending to achieve (fulfill) some objective or do some work. Huge systems are often a collection (assembly) of smaller sub-systems.
Definition of Production System:
They may define as,
“The methods, procedure or arrangement which includes all functions required to accumulate (gather) the inputs, process or reprocess the inputs, and deliver the marketable output (goods).”
According to Webster,
“System is a regularly interacting inter-dependent group of items forming a unified whole.”
The production system utilizes materials, funds, infrastructure, and labor to produce the required output in the form of goods. Also, Do you know what is the History of Production Management?
Elements of Production System:
The following elements are below;
- Inputs: Inputs are the physical and human resources utilized in the production process. Also, They consist of raw materials, parts, capital equipment, human efforts, etc.
- Conversion Process: It refers to a series of operations that are performing on materials and parts. Operations may be either manual or mechanical or chemical. Also, Operations convert inputs into output. The conversion process also includes supporting activities, which help the process of conversion. The supporting activities include; production planning and control, purchase of raw materials, receipt, storage and issue of materials, an inspection of parts and work-in-progress, testing of products, quality control, warehousing of finished products, etc.
- Outputs: Outputs are the products or completed parts resulting from the conversion process. The output generates revenue.
- Storage: Storage takes place after the receipt of inputs, between one operation and the other, and after the output.
- Transportation: Inputs are transporting from one operation to another in the production process.
- Information: It provides system control through measurement, comparison, feedback, and corrective action.
Hence, we can say that the production system is a union or combination of its three main components viz., Inputs, Conversion Process, and Output. In short, everything which is done to produce goods and services or to achieve the production objective is called a production system.