WordPress plugins are great tools for adding and extending functionality to WordPress Web Site. 5 Best WordPress Plugins for 2018 Your Website Need. In this article, I will discuss the 5 best WordPress plugins you should have on your WordPress website.
Essential Plugins to making your WordPress Websites in Professional level, here are 5 Best WordPress Plugins for 2018 Your Website Need.
These plugins will add awesome functionality to your site, grow, increase traffic and make it ‘great’.
- Jetpack (Freemium)
- Akismet (Freemium)
- Yoast SEO (Freemium)
- WP Smush (Freemium)
- Wordfence Security (Freemium)
1. Jetpack by WordPress.com (Freemium)
“Hassle-free design, marketing, and security. All in one place.” A powerful plugin from the brilliant team behind the WordPress software itself (Automattic), Jetpack is a must have the plugin for every WordPress website. As the name suggests, it offers a pack of awesome features for your website to fly up high and make it a success. Jetpack takes care of your site security, website performance, traffic growth, image optimization, website appearance and a lot more.
Create and customize your WordPress site from start to finish. Jetpack helps you with:
- Hundreds of professional themes for any kind of site
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools
- Unlimited and high-speed image and video content delivery network
- Lazy image loading for a faster mobile experience
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps.
The measure, promote, and earn money from your site. Jetpack helps you with:
- Site stats and analytics
- Automated social media posting and scheduling in advance
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com
- Advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo
- Simple PayPal payment buttons.
Stop worrying about data loss, downtime, and hacking. Jetpack helps you with:
- Brute force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring
- Daily or real-time backups of your entire site
- Secure logins with optional two-factor authentication
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
2. Akismet Anti-Spam (Freemium)
“Akismet checks your comments and contact form submissions against our global database of spam to prevent your site from publishing malicious content. You can review the comment spam it catches on your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.”
Akismet is yet another plugin developed by the people behind WordPress (Matt and his team at Automattic). It is one of the default plugins of WordPress that comes with every new WordPress core installation. It is basically an anti-spam plugin which checks all comments and filters out the spammy comments.
The plugin provides a status history for each comment so that you can learn which comments were found spammy by Akismet or the moderator. Moderators also can view the number of approved comments for each user, see the URLs in the comment body and remove the suspicious links.
The plugin is free for the personal site and blogs while you have to subscribe its monthly plans for commercial sites. The premium plans provide advanced security solution besides spam protection.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Modera tors can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
3. Yoast SEO (Freemium)
“Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favorite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet. With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results. Yoast: SEO for everyone.”
Yoast SEO is an awesome plugin which guides you all the way to create better content and improve your ranking on search results. It focuses on creating the content which is useful to the users as well as technically SEO friendly. The goal is to help the users, gain trust and sustain the rankings which they call sustainable SEO.
No doubt, search engines are the major source of traffic for every website. The number of internet users using search engines is reported to increase steadily, making the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) more relevant than ever. Fortunately, there is a great plugin like Yoast SEO for WordPress users.
4. Smush Image Compression and Optimization (Freemium)
Free Smush, Resize, optimize, optimize and compress all of your images with the incredibly powerful and 100% free WordPress image Smusher, brought to you by the super team at WPMU DEV!
Images are the great assets for your post/ page which easily grab the users’ attention. Uploading images helps you deliver the message many times better than simply the texts can. They make your page look attractive, catchy and engaging.
While being so helpful to make your site more appealing to users, images also take up a lot of storage space and slow down your website. You can’t simply afford to ignore the slow site speed and look for the disaster to happen. Wait a while, here’s good news – you can compress images!
Yes, you can compress and optimize the images without reducing the quality of the images using WP Smush plugin. It optimizes all of your image files in JPEG, GIF and PNG formats using advanced compression techniques and saves lots of storage space. It auto-smushes all your attachments on upload while you can also Smush your attachments manually in the media library.
Smush has been benchmarked and tested number one for speed and quality and is the award-winning, back-to-back proven crowd favorite image optimization plugin for WordPress. Now with image resizing! Set a max width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed.
5. Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan (Freemium)
Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner that was built from the ground up to protect WordPress. Our Threat Defense Feed arms Wordfence with the newest firewall rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses it needs to keep your website safe. Rounded out by a suite of additional features, Wordfence is the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available.
To keep your WordPress site secure, there are many security plugins available in WordPress. That is why you must always prevent the spams and keep your website secure. As a website owner, one of the most crucial things to do is to keep your site secure from the hackers. It is something that you cannot afford to ignore. There may be thousands of malicious bots on the web which can attack your website anytime and destroy your entire work in no time. Among them, Wordfence Security is the one you can rely on. The plugin features Firewall protection, malware scan, blocking, login security, live traffic monitoring and a lot more.